The public is invited to a free public symposium titled, “Accountable Care: Working Together to Bring Real Value to the Health Care System” on Tuesday, Nov. 12, in the Webster City Middle School Commons Area. The program will begin at 6:30 p.m., with a question-and-answer session to follow at 7:30 p.m.
Guest speaker will be Joe LeValley, Senior Vice President for the Mercy Health Network in Des Moines. LeValley will address how Van Diest Medical Center and Mercy Health Network are working together in the new systems to improve health and lower costs.
Talking points will include:
· Why the Health Care System Needed – and Needs – to Change
· Health Reform Law – What it is, What’s Good, and What’s Not
· Insurance Exchanges & Status of the New Marketplace – Why it Matters to You
· New Insurance Products Available in Iowa
· Iowa Health and Wellness Plan
· How Accountable Care will Help You (Your Friends & Family) Improve Your Health
· How Van Diest Medical Center & Mercy Health Network Work Together in the New System
· What Your Local Hospital & Doctors Ask of You to Help Ensure Success
Space is limited.