26th Annual First State Bank Firecracker 5K
This year marks the "26th Annual First State Bank Firecracker 5K", being held on Thursday, July 4, 2013. Registration forms are available at First State Bank, Sports World, and Fuller Hall all in Webster City. Registration time for this event, on the day of the event will be from 7:00 am to 7:45 am, with the race starting at 8:00 am at Twin Parks, 1100 Seneca Street. The course consists of routes on paved roads and park trails. The course is basically flat with one small hill and one water stop. The races ends back at the starting location.
The 5K Road Race-Walk begins at 8:00am. Kids fun Run ages 9and under starts at 9:00 am, and the distance depends on the age. The entery fees for this race is as follows: $8.00 for Kids Fun Run but $10.00 if entry is after June 27th. $15.00 for the 5K Early Entry, and $20.00 for the 5K entry after June 27th. Trophies will be awarded for the overall men's and women's 5K winner, plus division place winners. All kids will recieve ribbons at the Awards Ceremony. Race Results will be available at www.rymoe.com/firecracker5k.
This race is a fundraiser for the Webster City Cross Country Team.
For more information contact at 515-297-3184 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest News Headlines
• Jewell man charged with animal cruelty.
• April weather stats show above normal temperatures but below normal precipitation in Webster City.
• Authorities searching for the person who robbed the Dayton Casey's store.
• Dash for the Stash at Kendall Young Library is on until May 14.
• Farm to Fork program Monday evening at Hy-Vee