Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
The 2011-2012 Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) has been established to help qualifying low-income Iowa homeowners and rentoers pay a portion of their primary heating costs for the winter season. Applications will be taken from November 1, 2011 through April 30, 2012. The program is not designed to pay household total energy costs. The program will provide supplemental assistance based on several factors. Some of those factors include total household income, household size, dwelling type, type of heating fuel, among other factors.
For more information and to make an appointment in Hamliton County, call Upper Des Moines Outreach Office,located at 1440 East 2nd Street in Webster City, Iowa at: 515-832-6451.
Latest News Headlines
• Open house set for new Hickory Cabin at Briggs Woods Park set for next month.
• Ames motorist escapes injury in a one vehicle crash near Randall Friday night.
• No injuries in Eagle Grove Fire on Friday evening.
• Hamilton County Board of Health to meet Thursday afternoon.
• Volunteers needed for tree planting on Thursday.