• Special meeting of the Northeast Hamilton Community School Board will be Tuesday.
The Northeast Hamilton Community School Board will meet Tuesday afternoon at 4:30 at the elementary media center in Blairsburg. The purpose of this meeting is to interview a potential candidate for school principal. This meeting is expected to be a closed session.
• Special Work Session for the Webster City City Council on Monday.
There will be a special work session for the Webster City City Council this Monday evening at 6:00 p.m. The session is for the purpose of drafting an animal control ordinance. There will be no action taken during this session. The council will take final action on the ordinance at a future meeting.
• Work on Second Street in Webster City to begin this Monday.
Beginning Monday, April 28, 2014, Second Street, between West Ave. and James St./ 220th St. will be resurfaced by Fort Dodge Asphalt. If you need to be in this area plan for delays. Otherwise take Overpass Dr. & James St. “AKA. Old Hwy 20” to avoid most of the construction activities.The Contractor is planning to make every effort to have the work completed as soon as possible. The City of Webster City wants to thank the public for their cooperation during this time. If there are questions regarding these temporary street delays, please contact Matt Alcazar at the Public Works Department at 832-9139.
• Friends of the Kendall Young Library Book Sale begins May 1.
• Search begins for new Webster City Fire and Police Chief.